HELLO Quilting World! Wow it's been TOO long!

I had baby #4 and life is just really challenging with 4 small ones in a foreign country. But I will say, I have the best husband in helping me figure out running the house with the kids, helping them with their school and more (groceries, preparing the food, cooking, dishes, laundry.. you know the drill!)

I miss you all so much and will never 'leave' the quilting community! I have a goal to design quilts and fabric and more! SO just hand in there with me while I am in this season of mommy-hood! :-) A role i love and do not take for granted!

I just got a Pinterest Account, so if any of you are there, let me know to follow you there. I am really out of the loop! My friend gave me a stack of Quilting magazines I cannot wait to go through. My machine is in it's case missing me too. I do not have a dedicated place in the house for sewing.. yet!

My first machine is now in the hands of a Guatemalan. She asked if she could work to pay for a sewing machine. It just came easy even though I was attached to it in various ways, and I told her to take my first machine. It's a Singer from about 1983. A heavy one! LOL. My heart feels good that she really wanted and needed a machine for personal use as well as a way to make some money when there isn't any work. May she be blessed with it!

Ok I can't have a post without a photo...
me with flowers I bought at the local market
one dozen for $1.20 (no typo) :)
 

*hugs*
Mrs. Jackie Sue

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Being a mom is definitely where you need to be, but I'm glad to know you're still out there! It's wonderful to give away a machine, isn't it? I gave away my first to a good friend not too long ago and while it was a hard parting, I know it was the right thing, just like yours. I found you and followed you on Pinterest, so you should be able to find me back. I hope you'll get some quilty time in soon - your projects are always inspiring and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see you back! Four little ones is a full time plus job, but so important! The time will come when you will be able to quilt and do other things. That's where I am in my life and I miss my sons and grandchildren, but God is good. I have a pinterest account also and just started following you. It's under my real name of Gladys Janssen - Ruth is my middle name that I use for blogging. Even if you only can sew for 15 min per day, it is better than nothing. Also, you might try some hand sewing as it is more portable and can easily be picked up for a few minutes at a time. English paper piecing is fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still trying to get back.. it's tough! Miss you! -jackie

      Delete

Oh, I would love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post! How Exciting! Thanks and Bless you! *hugs* - Jackie