Leaders and Enders, a start

A friend I send a lot of quilt links to came across "Leaders and Enders" and thought it was a great idea. She explained it to me, and I too think it is brilliant!

I went through my scraps and got all my 2-1/2 inch squares. I even cut a few to go with it all.

Using these to lead and end my rows of my box of chocolates quilt top, then I found myself wanting to just sew a whole bunch of them. So it was fun to work on two projects at once. No deadlines, just Sewing Fun!

Then, I gathered my baggies of more smaller scraps and then went to town cutting a ton of squares so I had more of a variety in making 4 squares wide. My thought would be to do 4x4 blocks (16 patch) but then I saw a quilt that had solid fabric blocks with sashing as these smaller colorful blocks! Sew many ideas!


Two squares sewn together:

Four sewn together and pressed!

My selection of 2-1/2 inches x 2-1/2 inches

My work space (corner in our master bedroom, lol)


For now, I keep making these strips of four of similar color, and we'll see where to go from there.

Anyone else do this and have ideas?
Experience to share?

*hugs*
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, I would love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post! How Exciting! Thanks and Bless you! *hugs* - Jackie