I thought I would share with you, my research findings for a Cat Quilt! I did this research some time ago but really wanted to post it! AMAZING stuff…. #13 is a simple "ONE cat quilt" – neat!
And more, of course, I love them all.
- Lying down cat: http://www.bluebirdgardens.com/graphics/Quilts/newsleepcatquilt1.jpg , see more on this page in many colors, scroll to see: http://www.bluebirdgardens.com/?realm=Home&page=Store+Category&category=Lap+Quilts&start=20
- Laying/Sitting down cat tutorial. http://www.sewvac1.com/Library/catquilt.htm
- Cat with it's tail up: http://users.erols.com/thestewarts/images/CatQuiltSm.jpg
- These are standing with a tail and simple: http://www.thelindsleys.net/2005_quilts/Cat%20quilts.jpg
- Alley Cats, not a whole body: http://www.azurehenfruit.com/assets/images/2005_Alley_Cat_s_quilt_front_November__2005.jpg
- This one has lying down and standing but tails look appliqued: http://www.quiltbus.com/images/cats-in-cabin.jpg
- These are like the other lying down cats, but taller: http://www.crazydoglady.com/images/9-cat.jpg
- These are interesting sitting cats: http://www.crazydoglady.com/images/thread-cats.jpg
- cat down with arched back and tail: http://image16.webshots.com/17/3/33/52/183133352SilZKf_ph.jpg
- side view cat: http://www.wondercutruler.com/cat2.jpg
- Cat standing with tail and front paws: http://image09.webshots.com/9/0/52/79/113705279LByHft_fs.jpg
- Cat side view, looking at you with tail and two toned body: http://www.oldmadequilts.com/products/Cat_on_my_quilt_lg.jpg
- One BIG CAT, knock yourself out with this cool pattern: http://image42.webshots.com/42/2/81/86/374128186bytXeI_ph.jpg
- I call these kitten with stars: http://www.quilters-connection.com/class-pics/my-cats-are-stars.jpg
- Walking cats full of color: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3639/3573783640_b7e8c7c998.jpg
- Cat's Life: two in here have full bodies; http://www.quiltbus.com/images/Cats-life.jpg
- Tassellating Pattern, amazing: http://image03.webshots.com/3/8/97/80/20289780zNJdpgRIhi_ph.jpg and a different one: http://www.mccallsquilting.com/blogs/files/2009/08/kitty-memories-1a-300x290.jpg
- Various Pieced Bodies here: see the cat with the BIG EYES: http://image26.webshots.com/27/1/43/37/277614337kdEMAr_ph.jpg
- Two toned standing cat with face defined chin: http://api.ning.com/files/FeiiRoWJgkwiw3Sz36cmNCiuDAEsYqZeU0x8ESArqYDHOdSzQYNKUwds3bpaZqJxLJOekuzy2-IoyR1z04X3gII6C2pSUtNJ/Siamese.jpg
- Big Fat Cat, what else could I call it: http://image03.webshots.com/3/3/25/68/2068325680075370807evdFZF_fs.jpg
(FYI: results from Google Image search for the words "cat quilt" viewing pages 1 thru 20)
IDEA: You can always change the head from square to the one with the diagonals for chin by sewing squares in the lower corners at a diagonal.
Cat's Meow" by Jante Kime purchased and downloaded with ease from the Martingale & Company home of That Patchwork Place. no commission or being paid to promote this.. i just bought it and liked it and wanted to share it with you!