Me either? Or well I have not!
Photo: Ticker Tape Placemats from Brown Dirt Cottage
Looked it up (Image search), and love it, you may not, but I do… basically scraps sewn on as rough edge appliqué. I think in most or all cases, it’s sewn all the way through the layers… so it’s quilted too. Not bad if the quilt stays small.
I guess if you didn’t like the rough edge so much you can FUSE them (wunder under) or use fray stop, someone got me this, and I have not used it, yet.
Here are some links, ENJOY!
- Step-by-step PHOTO How TO: http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=2311
- This one is cute! http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2009/09/ticker-tape.html
- click the photo to enlarge: http://livingpeacefullywithchildren.wordpress.com/2010/05/02/ticker-tape-quilt/
- ticker tape color wheel: http://www.flickr.com/photos/32350579@N02/4342142316/
- Flickr Group of Ticker Tapes: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1347527@N21/
- this one has a dark background: http://monkeydogquilts.com/?p=450
- Simple Sandy’s Ticker Tape: http://sewingsandy.blogspot.com/2010/03/ticker-tape-quilt.html
- Tuesday’s Designs on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/42451330/baby-scrap-ticker-tape-quilt-soft-and
- Baumcat’s Ticket Tape Quilt not so random and beautiful: http://baumcat.blogspot.com/2010/02/ticker-tape-quilt.html
- Quilty Girl 1981: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Iwpp8diXcEM/S7ZjI8xshCI/AAAAAAAABcM/IqwkF1ulXjs/s400/DSCN8377.jpg
- Peggi’s Mini Ticker Tape: http://www.seamstobeyouandme.com/wordpress/2009/10/avoidance-projects/
It could be one of those quilts you make using a sample of material from all your other quilts. I am adding it to my “SOME DAY” list already! Great Scrap/Stash Buster!